Saturday, November 20, 2010

Asia out of nowhere!

Eric gave me a complete surprise today - the kind that seemed trivial and non-important to him that was really earth-moving for me:

We were sitting around this morning enjoying the nothing-to-do-ness of this Saturday, when I told Eric I had taken some time while he was shopping to post a blog. And then he says, out of nowhere:

"You know I have an electronic version of all the emails we sent when we went to Asia in 1999 - see, they are right here..."

What???!!!

I knew that two of our friends, Dana Mulligan and Jeanne Virca, had given us amazing gifts upon our return from Asia of binders with reprints of our emails from the trip. And I had also known that one of them (was it Jeanne? Dana don't get mad if it was you) had also included a disk with an electronic version of the letters. Now, in our perpetually disorganized life, my plan was to come across that disk when Eric and I were in our 80s clearing out the attic for our move into the retirement home. But no, Eric blows me away that they are in a file, on his computer, ready for viewing and posting.

And so, with a hot cup of tea, I just spent the last hour or so setting them up in their own blog:

http://ericandsue1999.blogspot.com/

Feel free to visit and read at your leisure. Hopefully it will inspire you to travel as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment